Low carb and keto-friendly Creamy taco soup is warm and comforting. It’s packed with veggies and topped with fresh avocado and lime juice and is the perfect way to enjoy tacos without the added carbs!
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey or chicken
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 small onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced (optional)
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes or 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese OR 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade or 1 packet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5) oz can beef broth 1.5 cups
Add 1 tablespoon oil to a pot or large pot or dutch oven, brown beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until the ground beef is browned through.
Add the bell pepper, Rotel diced tomatoes, cream cheese, and spices. Stir for 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and tender and cream cheese is mixed through.
Pour in beef broth and reduce heat to low-medium. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until desired thickness is achieved.
Serve in small soup bowls. Top with freshly sliced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, freshly minced cilantro, jalapeno, and a drizzle of lime.
more instructions please visit: https://gimmedelicious.com/creamy-taco-soup/