Very tender and flavorful, this recipe is one of our family’s favorites. It’s great to make ahead of time in the slow cooker and then serve over rice, egg noodles, or chow mein.
- 2 pounds of beef sirloin cut into 2 inch strips.
- Garlic powder.
- 3 tbsps of vegetable oil.
- 1 cube of beef bouillon.
- ⅓ cup of hot water.
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- ½ cup of chopped onion.
- 2 large roughly chopped green bell peppers.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of stewed tomatoes with juice.
- 3 tbsps of soy sauce.
- 1 tsp of white sugar.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the strips after seasoning them with garlic powder to taste.
Once browned, place the strips in a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bouillon cube with hot water to dissolve then add the cornstarch and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the mixture over the meet in the crockpot, add in the onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar and salt and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
more instructions please visit: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23567/slow-cooker-pepper-steak/