This easy and healthy Tuscan salmon recipe takes just a few minutes of prep and makes a perfect weeknight meal in 30 minutes or less.
- 1lb. (450g) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup (60ml) vegetable or chicken stock (or dry white wine)
- 2 tablespoons high-quality olive oil, optional
- To make the Tuscan garlic salmon skillet: Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add the salmon fillets, red pepper flakes, paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt in the skillet and cook salmon on medium heat on both sides, until salmon is cooked through – about 5 minutes. Remove salmon fillets from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add tablespoon olive oil or melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic and chopped onion and cook gently until fragrant and translucent. Add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and vegetable or chicken stock (or white wine). Cook on medium heat for about 3 – 5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little and tomatoes release some of their juice. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Add cooked salmon back to the skillet to reheat quickly. Drizzle with good quality olive oil just before serving, for extra taste. Serve the Tuscan garlic salmon immediately, enjoy!
more instructions please visit: https://www.eatwell101.com/tuscan-garlic-butter-salmon-recipe