This chicken recipe is easy, quick and delicious with pasta or rice. A family-friendly dinner.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total), pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- Thoroughly dry the chicken with paper towels. Generously season all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch or larger skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken and sear until deeply browned on the bottom, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip with tongs and sear the other side until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. When melted, add the shallot, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to soften, about 1 minute. Add the flour, stir to evenly coat the shallots and garlic, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the half-and-half or milk and broth until no lumps from the flour remain, making sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer until the sauce is thickened enough that it coats the back of a spoon and the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir the lemon juice into the sauce. Garnish with the parsley and lemon slices and serve immediately.
more instructions please visit: https://www.thekitchn.com/lemon-garlic-chicken-264412