This Perfect Homemade Krispy Kremes very suitable to be enjoyed in the morning.
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour ( a little under 2 cups, I recommend you measure and weigh)
- 1 1/2 ounces sugar (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce butter, cold to room temperature
- 1 dash salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons hot water ( or as needed)
- In a large measuring jug, combine the milk and boiling water. Add a teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast. Stir it gently, then leave it in a warm place for the yeast to activate (aka foam).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, the rest of the sugar, and the salt. Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs.
- Add the egg (give it a quick beat) and yeast mixture to the flour mix, and mix into a smooth dough. This usually takes about 5 minutes of mixing.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured counter and knead for about 5 to 10 minutes—it should feel springy and little bubbles should form under the surface. Place it back in the bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap, and let rise for about an hour until double in size.
- Once risen, place the dough onto the counter and cut it into 4 pieces. One piece at a time, stretch it into a long rope about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Cut strips about an inch long, ball em up with your hands, and place them on a baking tray or wire rack to wait.
- Cover the doughnuts holes with a cloth to rise while you heat the oil to 375°F/190C
- Place the doughnuts into the oil and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes. Be sure to fry only a few at a time so they don’t overcrowd and stick together.
- Drain on a paper towel or wire rack over a cloth, before glazing them. Be sure to glaze them warm, or else they won’t get that delicious coverage!
- Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook and also follow us on facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Yummy Recipes.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friends,,