Easy-to-make Italian-flavored chicken casserole will become a delicious hit with the family!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers diced
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix for my EU readers who can’t get this, here’s a good copycat you can make yourself–Italian Dressing Mix. Use 2 tbs of the mix.
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 8 oz uncooked bowtie, farfalle pasta -OR- your choice of shaped pasta
Cook pasta per package directions, except cook for about 2-3 minutes LESS than recommended if making the casserole version. If you don’t plan to bake in the oven, then cook pasta the recommended amount of time suggested on the package. Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken cubes.
Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper and saute until onion is translucent; about 3 minutes.
To the same pan, add the soup, the milk and the stock. Whisk until smooth
Add the cubed cream cheese and stir until it’s melted and well blended into sauce.
Then add 2 tbs of the Parmesan cheese and the dressing mix. Stir until well blended.
Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat well with the sauce and heat through. May be served at this point with no additional cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole (round, square or oblong–11 x 7-and 9 x 9-inch are good).
Turn chicken/pasta mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbs of Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and pasta is getting golden brown on the top.
more instructions please visit: https://bakeatmidnite.com/italian-chicken-casserole/