A simple recipe with an outstanding pineapple-ginger dressing, this will be a hit everywhere you take it.
- 1 (19 ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini pasta
- 2 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 english cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces (about 2 heaping cups) diced ham (Optional – see note below)
- 1 (14-ounce) can pineapple tidbit in 100% pineapple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from the can of pineapple tidbits)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon gourmet garden garlic paste or fresh grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons gourmet garden ginger paste or fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook tortellini according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside once cooked.
- Chop ham and vegetables and set aside. Reserve pineapple juice from can for the dressing. Set aside. Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a pint size mason jar add dressing ingredients. Shake mason jar until dressing is combined. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss with salad tongs until well coated.
- Note – I left the ham out because I was serving it with Ham and Cheese Sliders.
more instructions please visit: https://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/2016/04/hawaiian-tortellini-salad-recipe.html