I love this dessert! Instead of digging through my books for the recipe to this yummy dish I went to check the recipe on Allrecipes. I never found it and it is great! A big hit at potlucks and ladies meetings. Enjoy!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape the each piece into 9×13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the cheesecake. Stir the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar together with the cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the cheesecake along with the almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 squares.
more instructions please visit: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/125352/sopapilla-cheesecake-dessert/