Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
1 lb ground beef I use 85% lean
2 ½ cups beef broth
2 cloves garlic minced
3 tbsp butter
8 oz egg noodles uncooked
¾ cup sour cream
1 ¾ cups cheddar cheese shredded
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
parsley to garnish
1 onion finely diced
2 tbsp flour
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the egg noodles according on the package directions. Drain and put aside.
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high-heat in a large pot. Then add the ground beef and cook and crumble till it is browned and cooked through. Season with desirable amounts of pepper and salt.
- Remove the cooked-beef from the pot and put aside, leave the grease from the pan.
- Add the onion into the pan and then sauté over moderate heat for 5 minutes or till tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for extra minute, till aromatic and then add the butter into the pan and swirl around till it is melted.
- Use a fork to stir into the flour and cook for a minute, stirring continuously. Then stir in half the beef broth till incorporated, then put in the next half.
- Use a spatula to scrape the brown bits in the bottom of the pan, then that will provide the sauce lots of taste.
- Mix in the sour cream, mustard, and half the cheese till well-combined. (Sour cream will keep melting & will gradually integrate in the mix) Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes, till thickened.
- Add the ground beef back into the sauce and use a silicone-spatula to combine the egg noodles.
- Pour into a 9×13″ greased casserole-dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375° for 15-20 minutes, till the cheese is melted and hot.
- Serve and top with chopped parsley.
more informations please visit: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16311/simple-beef-stroganoff/