This Ginger Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry is a quick and healthy dinner using fresh spring produce! This ginger chicken stir fry recipe will be a hit with your family. Make this easy stir fry for dinner tonight!
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or other high heat oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
Whisk together all ingredients for sauce, set aside
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they have released their water and the pan is dry, 5–10 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan.
Return pan to heat and add one tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
Wipe out pan if needed. Return pan to heat and add the other tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened and starting to turn golden.
Add the mushrooms and the chicken back to the pan, cook for about 3 minutes, until starting to brown.
Add the asparagus and cook for 1–2 minutes, until turning bright green.
Add the sauce and stir until everything is coated and sauce has thickened, about 1 minute.
Serve over rice if desired
more instructions please visit: https://www.foxandbriar.com/ginger-chicken-asparagus-stir-fry/