These sound crazier than they actually are. Essentially, they’re beef quesadillas with American cheese and cheddar plus an amazing special sauce. Even if you don’t love McDonald’s, you’ll love them.
For THe Special Sauce
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. pickle relish
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. sweet paprika
- Kosher salt
For The Quesadilla
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- ¼ white onion, finely diced
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- Sliced bread and butter pickles, for serving
- Make the special sauce: In a medium bowl, stir all sauce ingredients together until well combined.
- Make the quesadillas: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until beef is cooked through and no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ground beef to a plate. Drain excess fat from skillet and wipe clean with paper towels.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add a flour tortilla and top one half of the tortilla with 1 ½ slices of American cheese, a small handful of cheddar, and a generous spoonful of ground beef. Sprinkle with some onions. Drizzle with special sauce and top with another 1 ½ slices American cheese and small handful of cheddar. Fold the untopped half over the topped half and cook until deeply golden, about 1 minute. Flip quesadilla and cook 1 to 2 minutes more until golden on the bottom side.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make three more quesadillas.
- Slice into triangles, and top with pickles.