A delicious meal one night, with leftovers and a recipe for the next night.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- In a large bowl, combine beef, crumbs, egg, onion, salt, and oregano.
- Stir in 1/2 tomato sauce; set aside.
- Cut 2 pieces of waxed paper 15 inches long.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and don’t separate.
- Lay end to end on top of wax paper and place the second piece of wax paper on top.
- Now take rolling pin and roll the dough out till it’s half the thickness that it was originally.
- Place meat mixture in center and spread out over dough Sprinkle meat with cheese, bell pepper mushrooms and olives top with remaining tomato sauce.
- Roll up meat, jelly-roll fashion, starting at narrow end; use wax paper to help. Place seam side down. Place in non-stick 9-1/4-in. x 5-1/2 in. x 2-3/4-in. bread pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Drain off any fat that accumulates; return to oven for 30 minutes.
- I also did it with pizza dough too and that one had a thicker crust and I also experimented with saran wrap instead of wax paper and that seemed to work pretty well DO NOT LEAVE THE PLASTIC WRAP ON OR THE WAX PAPER !! Someone just asked me this and I never thought anyone would misinterpret the directions
more instructions please visit: https://www.food.com/recipe/stuffed-meatloaf-roll-511450