Honey Chipotle Chicken Poppers are very easy to make and are a family favorite.
for 10 poppers
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine the chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder, mixing until evenly seasoned.
- Place the flour and eggs into separate bowls.
- Dip a piece of chicken into the flour, then the egg, then back into the flour. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken pieces until deep-golden brown and crispy.
- Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- In a pan over medium heat, mix together the honey, water, hot sauce, ketchup, and chipotle powder. Bring the sauce to a simmer, and cook for one minute.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce until evenly glazed.
more instructions please visit: https://tasty.co/recipe/honey-chipotle-chicken-poppers