This version of homemade eggnog is a creamy and deliciously thick homemade cooked eggnog spiced up with nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. You can enjoy this drool-worthy and versatile holiday drink with or without booze. You’ll never buy store-bought eggnog again!
- 8 large egg yolk
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (119g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup (360ml) whole milk
- 12 ounce (340g) evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon (1g) ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon (0.65g) cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- ⅓ teaspoon (1.67g) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (4.2g) pure vanilla extract
- additional nutmeg or cinnamon stick for topping, optional
Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until combined.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, whole milk, evaporated milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and sea salt. Continuously stir until the mixture starts to simmer.
Add a generous amount of milk mixture to the eggs and sugar, making sure it’s combined before adding more. Repeat until all of the milk mixture is whisked together.
Pour back into the saucepan and whisk constantly until mixture has slightly thickened and immediately remove from heat. Note: keeping mixture on the heat for longer than necessary will cause it to clump together.
Stir in the vanilla extract.
To serve, pour the eggnog into a pitcher and garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon sticks.
Store eggnog in the fridge for up to one week.
more informations please visit: https://www.africanbites.com/homemade-eggnog/