A delicious spiced zucchini cake topped with thick, fluffy cream cheese frosting- the perfect dessert! This recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 package)
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and mix well.
- Fold in zucchini and stir until completely mixed in. Pour batter into prepared 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake cools, mix together frosting ingredients and spread over the top of the cooled cake.
- If desired, sprinkle the top of the cake with cinnamon and sugar.
more instructions please visit: https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/cinnamon-zucchini-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting/