Add this easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole to your quick weeknight dinner idea list. Pot Pies make for a comforting meal during the fall and winter months. Since this recipe uses store bought crescent rolls for the crust, it comes together quite easily. You can grill a few chicken breasts or use a store bought rotisserie chicken too!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
1 lb Chicken Breast
12 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed
2 cup Frozen Diced Potatoes, thawed (like Hash Browns or Potatoes OBrien)
1 Onion diced
2 can Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
1 cup Water
2 cans Refrigerated Crescent Rolls.
1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Grill diced onions until transparent. Set aside.
- Dice chicken into 1/2″ cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 11×13″ baking dish.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared disk. Don’t worry if sides do not go all the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is light brown.
- Allow to cool.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken cubes, diced onion, water, potatoes and peas and carrots.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until ingredients are warm (5-10 minutes).
- Add soup and poultry seasoning and continue heating for another 5 minutes. If sauce looks too thick, slowly add a little more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour chicken mixture over baked crust and spread evenly.
- Unroll other can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Place over top of chicken mixture and press into sides of dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
more informations please visit: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a37532321/chicken-pot-pie-casserole-recipe/