Chicken Taco Soup is a quick and easy soup for a cold night! One of our favorite crock pot meals that can be made in the slow cooker or on the stove top.
- 1 white onion, chopped finely
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1.25 oz). package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, , boneless, chicken breasts, thawed or frozen
- Stir onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning into a slow cooker. *I sautee the onion before to make sure that they are not crunchy. Lay the chicken breast on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly so that it gets covered by other ingredients. Set slow cooker to low heat, cover, and cook for 3-4 hours on low if your chicken is thawed. May take 4-5 hours on low if your chicken is frozen.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred. Stir shredded chicken back into the soup. You can add some water if you like it a little thinner.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: COOK FOR 30 MINUTES ON THE STOVE UNTIL CHICKEN IS DONE.
more instructions please visit: