One of my favorite pies. Very easy to make and delicious, you should try it.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Arrange 1/2 of strawberries in baked pastry shell. Place remaining strawberries in a medium saucepan.
- Add sugar to the strawberries in the saucepan; place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture over berries in pastry shell. Refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, whip cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
more instructions please visit: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15836/strawberry-pie-ii/