After cooking the chicken, the salad comes together in only about 15 minutes!
- 4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well) (You’ll need about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grapes seedless, halved (red and green varieties are great)
- 1 cup almonds thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tbsp dill fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F
Rub the olive oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool. Remove the skin then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dill, & parsley.
In a small-medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Add the mayo/mustard mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Serve on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!
more instructions please visit: https://howtofeedaloon.com/best-ever-chicken-salad/