This crescent roll cheese danish disappears quickly, so it’s a good thing it’s super simple to make.
- 2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees and grease a 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan and pinch the openings together.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and then lay the second pack of crescent rolls on top of the cheese mixture and brush with egg white.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Top with glaze after cooling for 20 minutes.
You can make this danish using low fat cream cheese and splenda (sugar substitute) and it’s delicious!
Original recipe calls for makes a VERY heavily filled danish. You can halve the filling using 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 whole egg, and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract – still very good. If you use the half filling method, bake for closer to 30-35 minutes.
more instructions please visit: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/breakfast/other-breakfast/breakfast-cheese-danish.html