Comforting Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup recipe where the flavors blend together so well everyone will be begging for seconds! The Parmesan Alfredo sauce is the special ingredient that makes this hearty soup rich and creamy.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 oz. baby carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 9 oz. cheese tortellini, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. fresh baby spinach
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add butter and melt.
- Add onion and carrots; cook until onions are translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 minutes – you want just a little color on the chicken – stirring occasionally. The chicken will cook the rest of the way as the soup cooks.
- Sprinkle flour over the chicken/veggies; stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, half and half, and red pepper flakes. Cook until soup thickens (5-10 minutes).
- Add tortellini to pot and cook until al dente, 5-7 minutes (if frozen, this will take longer).
- Remove pot from heat. Sprinkle in half the cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the rest of the cheese and melt slowly.
- Add more salt/pepper to taste. Pour into bowls and garnish with spinach. (You can also stir in the spinach while it’s still in the pot. Enjoy!
more instructions please visit: https://wishesndishes.com/chicken-alfredo-tortellini-soup/