Made with just 9 simple ingredients, you would never guess this pecan pie is made without eggs or corn syrup!
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter (I like Miyokos)
- 1 and 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (9-inch) prepared pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then parbake your prepared pie crust for 7 minutes. Set it aside to cool. In a measuring cup, combine the coconut milk and cornstarch then whisk until smooth.
- In a saucepan, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. Add the pecans and toast in the pan for about 30 seconds while stirring continuously. Pour in the maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut milk mixture, vanilla and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat then pour the mixture in the pie crust until filled to about 1/4-inch of the top of the crust. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until filling appears mostly firm when you gently jiggle it. Cool on the counter for 2-3 hours then cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, ideally overnight. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least an hour before serving. If it’s too cold then it will be firm but serving it at room temperature makes for the perfect texture.
more instructions please visit: https://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/the-best-vegan-pecan-pie/