This citrus cake is cool and fluffy! It’s a lightened up version of a cake that was popular in the 1980’s. The mandarin oranges are blended into the fluff.
For the cake:
- 1 Box Yellow cake mix
- 1 Can mandarin orange segments drained
- 1 Box Vanilla instant pudding mix
- 5 Large eggs
- ⅓ C. Oil
- 2 tsp. Orange extract
For the icing:
- 1 Container cool whip topping
- 1 Box Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 oz. Can crushed pineapple drained
- Additional orange segments for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9 inch cake pans well.
- Mix together the ingredients for the cake until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the two cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through. Let the cakes cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the crushed pineapple and the vanilla pudding mix.
- Fold in the whipped topping, and continue to mix until completely combined.
- Place one layer of cake on a cake stand or platter.
- Add a layer of icing to the top of the cake.
- Place the second layer of cake on top of the iced portion.
- Ice the top and sides of the cake.
- Garnish wish additional orange segments if desired.
more instructions please visit: https://sweetpeaskitchen.com/pineapple-orange-sunshine-cake/