Real maple syrup flavors the sticky pecan topping of these delicious shortbread squares.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup refined sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup refined sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sirup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp flavoring
- Preheat kitchen appliance to 350F.
- In a massive bowl, mix flour, refined sugar and butter along. Rub mixture with clean hands till combined and breakable. Press into a lubricated 9-inch sq. baking pan. Bake for five minutes. put aside to cool down.
- In a little cooking pan, bring sugar and sirup to a boil. take away from heat. Cool slightly.
- In a massive bowl, add crushed eggs. Pour sweetening mixture into eggs, stirring perpetually. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour sweetening mixture over partly baked crust. Bake at 450F for ten minutes. scale back heat to 350F and bake for twenty minutes longer.
- Cool. remove squares.
more instructions please visit: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214883/maple-pecan-shortbread-squares/