Save the recipe and let’s get baking! It’s gluten-free, lactose-free, and can be made vegan too!
INGREDIENTS (for a 25 cm cake pan):
- 150g gluten-free oat flour
- 100g almond flour or cashew nut flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs*
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 60g maple syrup or erythritol
- 230g (plant-based) yogurt/quark or applesauce
- 40g melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g blueberries + 1 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda + a dash of lemon juice
- Optional: 35g roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F) with both upper and lower heat, and line the cake pan with parchment paper.
- Gently fold all the ingredients together (except for the baking soda, blueberries, and arrowroot). Add the dissolved baking soda, and toss the blueberries in arrowroot before adding them to the mixture. Give it all a good stir.
- Spread the batter over the bottom of the cake pan. Sprinkle some blueberries and roughly chopped roasted almonds on top.
- Bake the cake for about 45 to 50 minutes in the oven. Allow it to cool completely, and then, ENJOY! 😍🙏🏻
- To make it vegan, replace the eggs with 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed soaked in 6 tablespoons of water + an extra teaspoon of baking powder and a splash of plant-based milk until you have a thick cake batter.