This soft & fluffy garlic turmeric rice is full of delicious aromas and makes for the perfect dish to complement any meal. Fragranced with butter, turmeric, garlic, and onion, this incredibly flavorful rice comes together in just 20 minutes on the stovetop.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 2 cups basmati rice or your choice of long-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- chicken kebabs or any grilled veggies, seafood, or meat to serve
Heat butter over medium heat, until completely melted and bubbling. Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add turmeric and stir to incorporate. Mix in the rice until the grains are evenly coated.
Add stock, salt, and pepper over the mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside for at least 5 minutes before fluffing the rice with a fork. Enjoy!
- Cooked rice is best served fresh, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- To reheat the rice, use a pot or a microwave until steaming hot. I would not recommend reheating the rice more than once.
- For visual reference, please refer to the video tutorial above (you will need to disable AdBlock if you are on your computer!)
more informations please visit: https://www.cookerru.com/garlic-turmeric-rice/