This is the perfect dessert to feed a crowd. You don’t need much to get you full. It is extremely rich, and full of chocolatey flavor. You are going to love this one.
- 2 cups crushed Oreos. (Frosting included)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (room temp)
- 4 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 Oreo cookies (for the batter)
- 10 Oreo cookies (for top of cheesecake)
Combine the melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in a 9-inch spring pan and 1 1/2″ up the sides. Set crust aside. Be sure to leave in Oreo filling when crushing the Oreos.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the ½ stick of melted butter.
Continue mixing and add sugar slowly, making sure it is a smooth batter.
Add the eggs one at a time.
Add the vanilla, salt, flour and cream cheese mixture in the bowl and continue beating until it is smooth without any lumps.
Add the sour cream and continue to beat. Stop mixing and add your crushed Oreos to the batter.
Pour the batter into the pan with the Oreo crust.
Place your other crushed Oreos on top for garnish.
Place in oven and bake for one hour or until the middle does not jiggle.
When it is finished cooking, keep the cheesecake in the oven but turn the oven off.
Prop open the oven door, and let it cool for 1 hour.
Place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but 24 hours is preferred.
Top with whipped cream when ready to serve.