Tender chicken breasts smothered in a mouthwatering creamy garlic sauce!
- 4 (1 pound altogether) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth , (or, you can also use white wine)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness of 1-inch. Generously spray each chicken breast with cooking spray; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine cheese, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, basil, parsley, and sweet paprika. Take the seasoning mixture and rub it all over the chicken breasts.
Heat olive oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the hot oil and cook for 5 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan; set aside and keep covered.
Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining butter; let it melt. Stir in the garlic cloves and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on the outside. Stir often so you do not burn the garlic.
Add chicken broth or wine to the skillet and let cook for 3 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced.
Stir in the heavy cream and add chicken back into the skillet. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced and chicken is cooked through.
Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.
more instructions please visit: https://diethood.com/creamy-garlic-sauce-chicken/