Looking for a yummy make-ahead sweet treat? Banana Crumb Coffee Cake is perfect for brunches, afternoon tea, or even as an indulgent breakfast!
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla @singingdogvanilla
- 1 cup milk (whole milk works great)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease the sides of a 9×9 baking dish. Place parchment paper on the bottom and grease it as well.
- Mash the 4 bananas in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and set them aside.
- Use a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer to beat the butter for a couple of minutes until it’s fluffy. Add sugar and continue to beat until combined. Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and milk alternately, a little at a time, until it’s fully combined.
- Make the crumb by combining all the ingredients and fork in the softened butter. Pour half the batter into the dish and add a layer of crumb. Then, add the rest of the batter and smooth it out with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining crumb on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until it’s golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the icing ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle it over the cake, slice, and enjoy!
more informations please visit: https://urbanblisslife.com/banana-crumb-coffee-cake/