Ok let’s jump right in and talk about the ingredients for this Thai Mango Chicken Curry!
- 1 tbsp oil (vegetable, canola, grape seed)
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger , minced (not critical)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp red chilli , minced (Optional. I used 1 tsp.)
- 1 small onion , sliced (brown, white, yellow) or 3 eschallots
- 1.2 lb / 600g chicken thigh fillets (or breast), cut into bite size pieces
- 4 – 5 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste (Note 1)
- 1 can (400ml/13oz) coconut milk (full fat is better but low fat is ok too)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mango puree , preferably fresh (1 large mango) (Note 2)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice
- Coriander/cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Fresh red chili , sliced
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
Add garlic, ginger, chilli (if using) and onion and saute until the onion is starting to soften.
Add chicken and cook until white all over but still raw inside.
Add curry paste and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to simmer, stirring to dissolve the curry paste into the liquid. Then add the mango, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves.
Turn heat down to medium and simmer for 12 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened. Adjust saltiness using fish sauce.
Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with coriander/cilantro, wedges of lime and slices of red chilli, if desired.
more instructions please visit: https://www.recipetineats.com/thai-red-curry-with-chicken-mango/