Strawberry Cake that the whole family will Love
Easy and delicious Strawberry Cake that the whole family will Love
FOR THE CAKE:
1 white cake mix
3 Tablespoons flour
¾ cup of water
¾ cup of vegetable oil
1 (3 ounces) package Strawberry Jello
½ cup frozen strawberries, thawed
1½ sticks butter softened
¾ cup of frozen strawberries
4½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease and flour two 9″ round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, flour, oil, water, eggs, and Jell-O in your mixer. I mixed for 2 minutes. Gently fold in frozen strawberries.
- Pour into prepared cake pans and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Use the “toothpick test” to make sure the cake is done in the middle.
- Turn out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Pre-Pare the Frosting: Combine frosting ingredients until frosting is the desired consistency. Add more sugar to thicken, more strawberries to thin. Frost in between layers, and the outside as you would any cake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Don’t do this step too far in advance, as they will become syrupy.
Original recipe calls for a lot less frosting. This amount was perfect to add plenty in between the layers and to frost the outside of the cake generously. I did do a “crumb coat” and placed the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes and then frosted the rest. If you are making this cake as a 9×13, you won’t need this much frosting. Cut in half and you will have good plenty.