Skillet Sausage and Zucchini
2 medium zucchini cubed
4 fully cooked sausages sliced into circles ¼-inch thick
1 onion cut into ¾ inch pieces close to same size as zucchini
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
fresh basil for garnish optinoal
1 bell pepper any color cut into ¾-inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp pepper
2 ½ tbsp olive or avocado oil
½ tsp salt
1 tsp garlic minced
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat.
- When the oil is hot, then add chopped sausage and sautè, flipping sausage often, for a few minutes or till sausage slices have some browning. Remove from pan and put aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 ½ tbsp of oil to skillet together with the zucchini, onion & bell pepper. Then sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, pepper and salt. Stir.
- Let cook till the onion is translucent, peppers and zucchini are near tender for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage back into the skillet together with minced garlic. Stir. Cover so everything moves through for a few minutes. Taste and add additional salt if needed.
more informations please visit: https://thewholecook.com/20-minute-skillet-sausage-zucchini/