This Italian Sausage Bow Tie Pasta is easy – and reminds me of something you would get at an Italian restaurant. Our family loves it and I hope yours does too!
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) bow tie pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves, cut into thin strips
- Fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet add the olive oil then cook and crumble the sausage and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until cooked through and browned. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Add the tomatoes and heavy cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Use whatever kind of Italian sausage you prefer – mild, sweet, or hot. You can even use turkey Italian sausage if you prefer! I usually use mild because of personal preference.
- If you buy the Italian sausage with casings, be sure to cut the casings open and use the ground meat.\Leftovers are great reheated for lunch the next day!
more instructions please visit: https://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/italian-sausage-with-bow-tie-pasta/