This is a delicious, healthy bread that would be wonderful for breakfast, a snack or even dessert.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup applesauce (homemade or chunky style is best)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar (add more if needed to thicken)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease loaf pan. I used a 9.25 by 5.25 by 2.75 inch metal nonstick loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix by hand flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients by hand until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and whisk together the powdered sugar and applesauce for the glaze.
- When the bread has cooled for just a bit, pour the glaze over the top. It will settle into the cracks and keep the bread moist. The glaze will set, but will remain slightly sticky.
more instructions please visit site: https://lovelylittlekitchen.com/glazed-apple-cinnamon-oatmeal-bread/