These are the richest, most decadent homemade brownies you’ll ever try. You only need a few basic ingredients, 1 bowl, and they’re done baking in 30 minutes!
3/4 cup (12 Tbsp; 175g) unsalted butter
one 4 ounce (113g) semi-sweet chocolate bar, coarsely chopped*
2 cups (400g) granulated sugar*
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup (82g) unsweetened natural or dutch-process cocoa powder*
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
1 teaspoon salt
optional: 1 and 1/4 cups (225g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×13 inch pan or line with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out (makes cutting easier!). Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 2 ounces of chopped chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk in the sugar until completely combined, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. The batter will be light brown and a little dull looking.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, remaining 2 ounces of chopped chocolate and the chocolate chips. Fold it all together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Batter will be very thick. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- (See note about how to tell if brownies are done in the post above.) Bake for 30 minutes, then test the brownies with a toothpick. Insert it into the center of the pan. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies are not done. If there are only a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Keep checking every 2 minutes until you have moist crumbs. My brownies take 31-32 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature for up to 1 week.
more instructions please visit: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/seriously-fudgy-homemade-brownies/