This recipe only has 4 simple ingredients and, like the oaties, couldn’t be easier to make.
3 super ripe bananas
1/4 cup smooth, natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup instant or quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl and mash until almost smooth. Add in the peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add in the oats, salt, and baking powder and mix to combine. Fold in 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for the top of the bars.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan, using a spoon or spatula to smooth it out on top. Add the remaining chocolate chips to the top of the bars. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into 6-8 pieces.
more instructions please visit: https://www.sammibrondo.com/blog/peanut-butter-banana-bars