Do you like crystallized ginger (aka candied ginger) and wondering if you can make your own? I am going to show you just how simple it is to make it in your kitchen.
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 8 Oz Fresh Ginger
- Bring water and 1 1/2 cups sugar to boiling in a medium pot.
- While that is heating, slice ends of ginger and peel the ginger using a knife or a vegetable peeler.
- Then cut ginger into slices. Try and keep them about 1/8 of an inch thick pieces.
- Add to pot with water and sugar and boil for about 30 minutes on medium heat until tender.
- Use a slotted spoon, scoop out the ginger and place on a cooling rack or something else so the ginger can drain off any extra moister.
- Allow ginger to dry.
- After the ginger is dry to the touch, coat it in sugar. Add the leftover 1/2 cup sugar to a container or plastic bag and then shake the ginger pieces in it to coat.
- Store in an airtight container.
more instructions please visit: https://reusegrowenjoy.com/how-to-make-crystallized-ginger-aka-candied-ginger/