Easy Crock pot Roast Recipe that you can make without seasoning packets. Try this easy slow cooker pot roast with veggies that taste amazing!
- 2 to 3 lbs roast
- 1.5 lbs any potatoes of your choice cut into chunks (I used small baby yellow potatoes so there was not cutting)
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion cut into chunks
- 4 cups beef stock or broth one carton
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water for the gravy
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
First cut all your vegetables into large chunks. You want them to be bigger so they will not turn into mush.
Add your roast to the crock pot and then place the vegetables around the roast.
Add all your seasonings.
Next add in the beef stock.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
Shred the beef.
Now, time to make the gravy. In a small bowl whisk together the ¼ cup of water and the cornstarch.
Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
Drizzle the gravy over the roast, potatoes, and carrots and enjoy!
More informations please visit: https://www.eatingonadime.com/the-best-crock-pot-roast-recipe/