This creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe makes for the BEST pasta dinner ready in under 30 minutes! Buttery cajun shrimp in a creamy cajun sauce mixed with pasta.
8 oz penne pasta
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cajun seasoning, divided *or added to taste depending on brand used.
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
2 Tbsp parsley to garnish, (optional)
- Cook the penne pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente according to package instructions. Drain the water and cover the pasta to keep warm.
- Coat the shrimp with 1 Tbsp of the cajun seasoning. In a deep skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the seasoned shrimp in a single layer and saute for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is no longer translucent, remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter with the minced garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the diced tomatoes and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream, remaining 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning and grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer then reduce to medium/low heat and continue 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp and pasta back into the skillet and stir until noodles are coated in sauce and everything is heated through. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve.
more instructions please visit: https://natashaskitchen.com/cajun-shrimp-pasta/