Dinner doesn’t get much better than this delicious comfort food casserole! It’s packed with carrots, green pepper and onion and uses easy ingredients like leftover rotisserie chicken, rice a roni and cream of chicken soup!
- 1 – 6.9 ounce box chicken rice a roni or any boxed rice and pasta mix
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cook the rice a roni according to package directions, adding the carrots, green pepper and onion in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in the cream soup, sour cream, chicken breast and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spread the rice mixture evenly in the baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes then serve!
My carrots were very thinly sliced and cooked properly with the times listed. Some recipe testers had issues with the carrots being cooked, so they suggested adding them in the last 10 minutes of cooking instead of five.