From the super crispy chicken coated in buttermilk and Panko breadcrumbs to the delicious sweet chili mayo, this recipe is perfection!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce I used Frank’s
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I used Sriracha *
- 2 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into small
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I used Sriracha
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs **
- oil for frying
To prepare the sauce, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready for serving.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. To the bowl add the hot sauce, egg, buttermilk and whisk until you have a smooth batter. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter and set aside.
In another bowl add about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
Add about 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet and heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed, and fry on both sides for about 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd the chicken, only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time, so the chicken turns out crispy.
Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.
- * Sriracha sauce is a hot sauce made from red chili peppers, garlic, vinegar, salt and sugar. The sauce is hot and tangy with a hint of sweetness.
- ** Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb traditionally used as a coating for deep-fried foods.
- You can use whichever hot sauce you like the best if you don’t want to use sweet chili sauce.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- You can store these in the freezer for up to 1 month if you’d like to prepare these in advance. Just batter the chicken and then lay them on a baking sheet and freeze them, uncooked. Seal in an airtight container once hard and bake at 425 F degrees for 20 – 25 minutes from frozen when ready to eat.
- Baking instructions: Bake at 450F for 20-30 minutes, flipping the chicken after 15 minutes.
- This appetizer is okay to serve hot or cold.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
more instructions please visit: https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/bang-bang-chicken/