This baked cauliflower parmesan is seasoned and covered in saucy marinara, topped with bubbly cheese and garlic butter breadcrumbs.
1 large head cauliflower, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1 cup marinara sauce
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for topping
fresh basil, for topping
garlic butter breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/3 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the cauliflower from the top down, into 1-inch thick slices. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Drizzle or brush with the olive oil so it covers the slices. Sprinkle with the italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper all over. Roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, spoon the marinara over the cauliflower. Place a slice of the fresh mozzarella on top. Bake for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
Remove the cauliflower and top with the breadcrumbs, fresh basil and a sprinkle of parmesan.
- garlic butter breadcrumbs
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the garlic, cook for a few seconds, then stir in the bread crumbs. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
more instructions please visit: https://www.howsweeteats.com/2020/09/cauliflower-parmesan/