A hearty vegetarian slow cooker stew with butternut squash, red lentils, coconut milk and robust blend of spices. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 2 cups red lentils (dried; uncooked)
- 4 cups butternut squash (peeled, seeds scooped out, and cubed; roughly 1/2 of a large butternut squash)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated or finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13.5 oz coconut milk (1 can; 400mL- use full fat)
- 19 oz diced tomatoes (1 can; 540mL; see *notes; including juices)
- 3 cups stock
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- salt (if needed)
Combine all ingredients except for lime juice in the base of a large slow cooker and cook low 8 for hours.
Add salt & lime, adjust to taste.
Mash everything up with a potato masher or serve as is.
After cooking, butternut squash lentil curry may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Freezer Crockpot Meal:
Combine all ingredients except for the stock in a gallon-sized freezer bag, reusable silicone bag, or large meal prep container. Remove as much air as possible.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw completely, then add to the base of a 5 quart slow cooker with the stock. Cook on low for 8 hours
more instructions please visit: https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-butternut-squash-lentil-curry