A spiffed-up version of plain, blanched Brussels sprouts inspired by a basic recipe in Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ c. flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ¾ c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- Caesar dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Add flour to a medium shallow bowl and eggs to a separate medium shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, whisk together panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Working in batches, toss brussels sprouts in the flour until fully coated then dunk in eggs. Dredge in panko mixture then place on baking sheet. Bake until golden and crispy, about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with caesar dressing, if using.
more instructions please visit: https://food52.com/recipes/1873-parmesan-crusted-brussels-sprouts