These 5 ingredient matcha green tea truffles are sweet, rich, and delicate green tea flavored chocolate treats!
- 8 oz (about 1⅓ cup) white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2½ tsp matcha
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat the cream and butter. Sift in the matcha powder and salt. Heat until the mixture just comes to a small boil and the powder has thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the white chocolate and stir until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate has melted.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, (preferably overnight) or until the chocolate has firmed.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 tsp matcha and 1 tsp powdered sugar.
- Using a teaspoon, shape the chocolate into balls. (If you’re having trouble, lightly powder your hands with the matcha powdered sugar mix and very quickly work it into balls with your fingers!)
- Roll each ball in the matcha powdered sugar mixture. (You might have to re-roll upon serving if the powder melts into the truffles.) Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!!