This French Onion Chicken Bake is so easy to make and lip smacking delicous-seasoned chicken breast smothered in a french onion soup and topped with light mozzarella.
- 6 ( 4 oz.) chicken breast, raw
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 Tbsp Land o’Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can French onion soup
- 1/2 cup fat free or light mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan (or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into prepared skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown. Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French onion soup. Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a cast iron skillet pan top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven safe baking dish-and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
- Place skillet or baking dish in preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
Servings: Makes 6 ( 1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup onions and sauce) servings
more instructions please visit: https://thepounddropper.com/french-onion-chicken-bake/