Breakfast has never tasted so sweet. This Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake, may just make me a morning person. It is so easy to make and has the perfect hint of lemon to it. You will love it.
- 1/2 сuр buttеr
- 1 lemon (zеѕtеd аnd juісеd)
- 1 cup ѕugаr
- 1 еgg
- 2 tеаѕрооnѕ vаnіllа
- 2 cups flour (set аѕіdе 1/4 сuр flour fоr thе blueberries)
- 2 tеаѕрооnѕ bаkіng powder
- 1 1/2 tеаѕрооnѕ ѕаlt
- 2/3 сuр buttеrmіlk
- 2 cups frеѕh bluеbеrrіеѕ
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- With a hand mixer or whisk, combine the butter, lemon zest as well as the juice from the lemon, and sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Add your egg and vanilla to the mixture, and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk in your flour (reserving 1/4 cup of it for the blueberries), baking powder, and salt, until the wet is fully combined with the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the buttermilk with whisk.
- In a separate bowl, toss the fresh blueberries with the 1/4 cup flour, until they are all lightly coated.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter, until fully combined.
- Spread the cake batter into your prepared 9×9 inch pan, evenly.
- Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.