Detox Moroccan Lentil Soup
1 cup chopped white fingerling potato
1 cup red lentils
2 tsps ground cumin
1 cup chopped celery
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 tsps ground ginger
1 tsp black pepper or more to taste
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup chopped carrot
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsps turmeric
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsps smoked paprika
1 cup green or brown lentils
2 cups water
1 cup almond milk or coconut milk depending on your preference
¼ cup tomato paste
2-3 cups spinach
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a dutch-oven or large-stockpot. Then add celery, onions, carrot, potato and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes before every thing softens slightly and season with pepper, salt along with the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and saute for a few minutes, then add the broth, water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and till the tomato paste has dissolved. Bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for half an hour.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, almond-milk, and spinach, and stir till the spinach has wilted.
- Serve immediately and shirt along with your desired toppings.
- For garnishes, I love to perform a dollop of coconut milk, a few cracked pepper, fresh parsley, pepper flakes and jalapeno slices. A little spicy, somewhat creamy and really good.
more informations please visit: https://www.simplyquinoa.com/detox-moroccan-lentil-soup/