Creamy White Chicken Chili
1 small yellow onion chopped (about ½ cup)
2 cloves garlic finely minced (or 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder)
2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1 cup corn frozen or fresh
2 heaping cups cooked chicken shredded (rotisserie or left-over chicken*)
1½ tsp cumin
½ small lime juice from
2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 15 oz cans Great Northern beans
1 tbsp olive oil
For the Toppings:
cilantro, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, green onion, avocado, or other desired toppings
- Over medium-high-heat, heat olive oil in large (6-6 quart) saucepan. Add the onion & saute till tender. Then add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, cumin, paprika, green chilies, lime juice, cayenne, oregano and season with pepper and salt to taste. Next drain and rinse beans in a strainer.
- Measure out a big ladleful of the beans and put it in a food processor with a little broth from the soup. Blend till smooth (this step is optional, but it will give you the creamy & thick texture). Add whole beans, pureed beans and corn to the soup pot.
- Bring the mixture simmer and cook for about 15-30 minutes, then cover and continue to cook. Remove from heat. Stir in the sour cream, cooked chicken.
- Serve garnished with shredded cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips and avocado slices if desired.
more informations please visit: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/creamy-white-chicken-chili/