Use up leftover roast chicken, or buy a barbecued chicken from the supermarket, and turn it into this super easy pasta dish.
- 350g penne rigate
- 300ml light cream
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups skinless shredded roast chicken (see related recipe)
- 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Return pasta to pan over medium-low heat. Add reserved liquid, cream, pesto, onion, chicken and tomato. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Divide between bowls. Top with parmesan and onion. Serve with bread.
more instructions please visit: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/creamy-chicken-pesto-pasta/3c63eb90-a498-41cf-926c-a53282ad4654